Ynque the Ink demon


This in Ynque (pronounced Inky) the ink demon. She was made from a gently played with Honey Swamp monster high doll. The sculpt on the body of the doll gave me ideas that ink or some type of vine had come to the surface of her skin. After doing the hair for the doll, one side being combed yarn wefts; the other being what was combed out of the yarn wefts. Chopping the fluff up from the yarn wefts and gluing it to her head. 

Moving on to the face she was given a spray of Krylon matte sealer to get me started. Giving he an inital blushing of a little blue on her cheeks and some black eye shadow I seal her again. Letting that dry for around 30 minutes I use that time to dry brush the body sculpting. I giver the body a good spray with my sealent so the black doesn't run off and move back on to the head. 

Starting with her eyes I have her a few starter coats of watered-down white acrylic paint. Then doing the same with the lips but in pink and green. Getting the base colors to the desired opacity I give the doll another coat of sealent and let it dry. 

I give a basic out line of the dolls eyes in a grey water color pencil just opaque enough to give me a guide line. Then I start the iris; keeping with the green and pink theme I paint on the pink then the green, both are watered-down acrylics. Getting the iris to the desired opacity I paint on the eye creases, eyebrows, and makeup.

After giving her a few more touches, like a painted on nose ring, little corner eye sparkles, and her eye shine. I give her a final coat of sealent and her paint job is done.

My mom is still working on the clothes but what we have her in now is still pretty cute. I will try to post her compleated outfit when we have it done but right now shes just hanging out.

Comments